Smart Software is continuously seeking outstanding individuals with experience in sales, marketing, software development, QA, data science, and customer support to join our growing team.
- Top Five Tips for New Demand Planners and ForecastersGood forecasting can make a big difference to your company’s performance, whether you are forecasting to support sales, marketing, production, inventory, or finance. This blog is aimed primarily at those fortunate individuals who are about to start this adventure. Welcome to the field! […]
- Smart Software to Present at Community Summit North AmericaSmart Software's Channel Sales Director and Enterprise Solution Engineer, to present three sessions at this year’s Microsoft Dynamics Community Summit North America event in Orlando, FL. . […]
- Smart Software to lead a webinar as part of the WERC Solutions Partner ProgramSmart Software, will lead a 30-minute webinar as part of the WERC Solutions Partner Program. The presentation will focus on how a leading Electric Utility implemented Smart Inventory Planning and Optimization (Smart IP&O) as part of the company’s strategic supply chain optimization (SCO) initiative. […]
Pursuing best practices in demand planning, forecasting and inventory optimization
- Top Five Tips for New Demand Planners and ForecastersBlog, Demand Planning, Inventory control, Inventory OptimizationGood forecasting can make a big difference to your company’s performance, whether you are forecasting to support sales, marketing, production, inventory, or finance. This blog is aimed primarily at those fortunate individuals who are about to start this adventure. Welcome to the field! […]
- Managing Inventory amid Regime ChangeDemand Planning, Intermittent Demand, Inventory OptimizationIf you hear the phrase “regime change” on the news, you immediately think of some fraught geopolitical event. Statisticians use the phrase differently, in a way that has high relevance for demand planning and inventory optimization. This blog is about “regime change” in the statistical sense, meaning a major change in the character of the demand for an inventory item. […]
- Blanket OrdersDemand Planning, Intermittent Demand, Inventory OptimizationOur customers are great teachers who have always helped us bridge the gap between textbook theory and practical application. A prime example happened over twenty years ago, when we were introduced to the phenomenon of intermittent demand, which is common among spare parts but rare among the finished goods managed by our original customers working in sales and marketing. This revelation soon led to our preeminent position as vendors of software for managing inventories of spare parts. Our latest bit of schooling concerns “blanket orders.” […]