Smart Demand Planning
Demand planning and forecasting for planners and analysts
Accurate and Objective Demand ForecastsAutomatically Capture Trend and Seasonality
Predict Likely Range of Future demand
Flags Exceptions and Cleanse Historical Data
Share plan with key stakeholders
Review at any level of hierarchy
Apply overrides and achieve consensus
Consistent Repeatable Process
Common System, No Spreadsheets
Embed and reuse Forecast Rules
Monitor accuracy and fine tune
What questions can Demand Planning answer?
- What is my short and long term demand most likely to be?
- Which areas of the business and products are trending?
- What is the forecast at different levels of my hierarchy (customer, item, family)?
- What is the likely range of future demand?
- Which forecasts need to be reviewed (exception reporting)?
- What is our forecast error (accuracy) for each item, group, overall?
- Are forecast overrides adding value to the process?
What can Forecasting do?
- Accurately forecast demand for thousands of items in any unit of measure
- Capture trends, seasonal, and cyclical patterns at any level
- Outlier detection and correction to enhance the quality of historical data
- Identifies “causal” factors such as price and economic data and models their impact on demand
- Patented Intermittent Demand Planning via APICS award winning “Bootstrapping” technology
What can Demand Planning do?
- Create forecasts at any level of the hierarchy – customer, item, product groups, regions,
- Share forecasts with internal and external stakeholders such as sales and suppliers
- Apply, document, and track forecast overrides
- Quantify the impact that promotions will have on future demand
- Apply user defined forecasting methods and rules
- Measure forecast error by item and overall
- Identify exceptions based on statistical and user defined rules
- Manage item replacements with supersession logic
- Bill of Material Planning to determine component demand based on the finished good forecast
Smart White Paper: What you Need to know about Forecasting and Planning Service Parts
This paper describes Smart Software’s patented methodology for forecasting demand, safety stocks, and reorder points on items such as service parts and components with intermittent demand, and provides several examples of customer success.
- The Service Parts Challenge
- The Intermittent Demand Problem
- The Smart Way to Forecast Intermittent Demand
- Continuous Improvement Over Time
Fill in this form and we’ll email you the paper.
Contact Us Today for More Information
If you request a demo, one of our specialists will show you how Smart can help, using your own inventory data!